14 July 2014
Ontario Genealogical Society Monthly Webinar Series 2015 Call for Paper
The Ontario Genealogical Society is now accepting proposals for the OGS Monthly Webinar Series 2015. We are looking for interesting one-hour webinar presentations.
Topics of interest
We invite proposals on a wide range of topics, in particular:
▪ Ontario-specific topics (laws, records, land, history, etc.)
▪ Ethnic research (Scottish, Irish, English, African-Canadian, German, etc.)
▪ Canadian military research
▪ Loyalist research
▪ Ontario land research
▪ DNA/genetic genealogy
▪ Methodology and skill-building
▪ Technology and trends in genealogy
▪ Interesting case studies (Ontario specific)
▪ Organization and project/time management
Each submission should include:
▪ Speaker’s name, address, phone number, and email address
▪ Lecture title and a brief but comprehensive outline (single page maximum)
▪ Lecture summary for conference brochure (25 words or less)
▪ Suggested audience level: B, B/I, I, I/A, A, or All
▪ Brief speaker biography (50 words or less)
▪ Resume of prior speaking experience
Please submit proposals in PDF or Microsoft Word format.
Use your last name and shortened title as a file name. Speakers may submit up to four proposals for consideration. Submit each proposal via email to email@example.com no later than August 15, 2014.
Selected speakers will be notified in September. Further information will be provided at that time.
Selected speakers receive an honorarium for each webinar presentation.
About the Ontario Genealogical Society
The Ontario Genealogical Society, founded in 1961, is the leading society in all aspects of Ontario related family history research, preservation and communication. Our mission is to encourage, bring together and assist those interested in the pursuit of family history and to preserve our Ontario genealogical heritage. The Ontario Genealogical Society is the largest genealogical society in Canada. Visit us at www.ogs.on.ca
Posted by Mike More at 2:54 PM